Water softeners for the home fulfill the function of removing calcium and magnesium that form tartar by precipitating, prolonging the useful life of the elements with which water comes into contact and improving the life quality of its inhabitants.
The benefits of placing a water softener system at Home are many, and we will try to list the most important ones, such as:
- Prevents rapid deterioration of household faucets.
- Prevents the formation of scabs of tartar in kitchen items such as pots, kettles, jugs
- Avoid stains on toilets, ceramics, etc.
- Prevents clogging of thermo tanks, washing machines, water heaters
- It significantly improves the performance of boilers in central heating systems, providing higher temperatures to the heated environments and prolongs the life of the boiler more than twice as long.
- Reduce up to 40% the use of detergents and soaps collaborating with the environment.
Whole house water softener is formed by a tank built in GRP (fiberglass reinforced polyethylene) that contains inside, a filtering charge called Ionic exchange resin and a digital electronic head that is responsible for performing automatic washing and regeneration of the adhesive.
This resin is responsible for retaining magnesium and calcuim from water and exchanging them for sodium. Therefore, the water runs into the softener filter as hard water, passes through it and then leaves it completely soft.
Life And Operation Of A Household Water Softener
As the water flows through the softener, the entire negative charge of the resin attracts and absorbs calcium and magnesium, and releasing sodium in its replacement. This phenomenon is called Ionic exchange.
Softener Filter Regeneration Process
The regeneration of whole house water softener systems for the whole house is carried out completely automatically, and usually with a frequency of 2 times per week, depending on the hardness of the water to be treated and the soft water used per day.
All this is done, thanks to the automated digital head that when it comes to regeneration is responsible for doing works autonomously. They are as follows:
- Perform a previous backwash of the resin
- Bring brine water from the 50-liter tank into the softener filter so that the resin is loaded with sodium again and releases the retained calcium and magnesium
- Refill the tank with water leaving it ready for another regeneration
- Finally, rinse the resin to remove excess salts and leave the softener or water softener in softening mode again.
This whole process, which lasts approximately 80 minutes, is carried out without human intervention and automatically at a scheduled time and specified number of days.The only maintenance task to be performed by the user is the placement of coarse salt in the 50-liter tank as it is consumed.
If the water in your home does not look clean, has a smell or bad taste, you will surely be interested in a Reverse Osmosis Water purification system for your entire home, which ensures well-being for you with pure water, free of bacteria, arsenic, minerals, and solid waste.